The newest reishi tincture from Dragon herbs. Wild Purple Reishi mushrooms grow in the Chang Bai Mountains, north of North Korea in Jilin province. They are extremely rare. They are beautiful specimens. They are not entirely purple. They have both red and purple elements. In fact they look like red Reishi at first glance, but upon examination they have a significant purple coloration in the heart of the mushroom cap. These are revered in much the same way as wild Chang Bai Mountain Ginseng. Many people believe that Reishi originated in the Chang Bai Mountains and that Purple Wild Reishi is the great ancestor of all Reishi. It is a Purple Wild Reishi upon which the White Snake legend was based. It is the only Reishi that is a Jing tonic, and is a Shen stabilizer, actually considered to be the ultimate Shen tonic.
Qualities of Reishi
- Chemical constituents known as polysaccharides play an important role in strengthening the body's overall immune functions.*
- Ganoderic acids in Reishi inhibit histamine release, improve oxygen utilization and improve liver functions.*
- Ganoderic acids are potent antioxidant free-radical scavengers.*
- Reishi may improve the physical condition of the cardiovascular system.*
- Reishi stimulates the production of interferon and interleukins I and II, potent natural immunity-boosting substances produced in our own bodies.*
Traditional Uses of Reishi
- Reishi tonifies Jing, Qi and Shen.
- Protects the entire body. Nurtures the Heart*, protects the Liver*.
- Reishi has traditionally been used as an anti-aging herb.*
- The Chinese have traditionally claimed that Reishi promotes calmness, centeredness, balance, inner awareness and inner strength. They have used it to improve meditative practices and to protect the body, mind and spirit so that the adept could attain both a long and healthy life.*
- Deep in antiquity, Reishi was routinely used by mountain hermits, monks, Taoist adepts and spiritual seekers throughout Asia because it was believed to help calm the mind, ease tension, strengthen the nerves, strengthen memory, sharpen concentration, improve focus, build will power and, as a result, help build wisdom. That is why it was called the "Mushroom of Spiritual Potency" by these seekers.*
- Reishi mushroom is revered in Asia as a tonic herb consumed for the attainment of radiant health, longevity and spiritual attainment.