Our health is our most precious asset. As of late, it has become even more important because of the dropping quality of the environment and an increasing number of diseases around us. Thus, it’s very important to take care of ourselves and our diet plays a very crucial role in that.
Fortunately, there are some “superfoods” which can help us fight multiple diseases and sustain a longer and healthier life.
So without any further ado, let’s get started with our list:
- Beets: Beetroots or beets are seen as a natural liver tonic and blood purifier. They come with multiple benefits rooted within them. There is a substance called betaine found in beets which help with the overall functioning of the liver along with the processing of fats.
They are considered as one of the best sources to gain folate or vitamin B9 and keeps the body rich in antioxidant vitamins A and C, preventing anemia. It also helps in reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Turmeric: While known for adding aroma and flavor to the cuisine, turmeric is one spice which is one of the crucial parts of the ancient healing systems in India. Its anti-inflammatory power has been one of the major treatments for arthritis.
It contains multiple compounds; however, its medicinal effect lies in curcumin. This compound is known for bringing down the risk of a variety of cancers by fighting the cancer cells and reducing the size of tumors.
- Ginger: This is another well-known ancient ayurvedic medicine with a cure for many ailments. Its antimicrobial and antiviral properties have a lot of health benefits to give away. Some of the common ailments which it protects include-nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, pain, fever, and dropping immunity.
A few serious ailments whose cure also lies in this little plant include those affecting the gastrointestinal tract, the cardiovascular system and cancer cells. No wonder why it is known as the “universal remedy”.
- Coconut: The people to whom coconut is a staple food, they are found to be way healthier than others. Its properties are known to be keeping away from problems such as atherosclerosis, heart disease, poor digestive system and colon cancer.
It is also considered as boon for those trying to shed weight. The people consuming coconut as their staple diet are found to be lean and fit.
- Chia seeds: An American crop, Chia seeds have always been high in demand for its nutritional value. The consumption of chia seeds is considered helpful in boosting the energy levels, stabilize blood sugar and improving the overall digestion system.
It is considered extremely beneficial for uplifting your bone health as it contains calcium, magnesium and potassium in a good amount.
- Aloe Vera: While it is known for its curing property and its application on burns, cuts, scrapes, bruises, aloe vera must be a part of your life and diet. First and foremost, it is known for giving you an unmatchable immunity, if consumed regularly. Relieving constipation, its anti-inflammatory nature keeps the digestive system very smooth.
It also helps in combating various cancers such as colon cancer, stomach cancer, pancreatic cancer and rectal cancer. It should also be a friend of someone who is fighting with hepatitis A, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, hepatitis D, jaundice, and liver disease. All in all, it is a cure of innumerous diseases and hence, should be part of your regular diet.
- Basil: It is not less than an ultimate body protector. This popular herb is known for protecting chromosomes from environmental damage in addition to its protection against bacterial growth. It has a high percentage of vitamin A and helps to prevent the oxidation of blood cholesterol and toughening of arteries.
While it cures multiple diseases and helps in keeping our body healthy, it is favorite of foodie for the flavor it adds to Italian cuisine such as pesto and pizzas.
- Cauliflower: Known as the cancer fighter, this member of the Brassicaceae family, contains sulforaphane. It is an antioxidant and stimulator that naturally detoxifies enzymes in the body. As it enters the bloodstream, it pumps up the antioxidant defence systems of the body. It also activates the enzymes in the liver helping in the removal of carcinogenic molecules from cells.
- Walnuts: Omega-3 fatty acid-based plant, Walnut comes with the highest amount of alpha-linolenic acid. In addition to the huge benefit it gives to our heart, it also helps to bring down the level of triglycerides and plaque formation in blood vessels.
The acid in the plant helps in a better facilitation of dopamine and serotonin, improving memory and problem-solving skills. It is the favorite of fitness enthusiasts for its ability to reduce appetite and helping people to reduce their weight.
- Raw Honey: Raw honey has been considered as the miracle of God by the ancient healers. The best part of the raw honey is, it is the only sweet thing which gives you flavor while curing you inside-out. It has amazing health benefits.
The most important one includes its power to fight cancer or stopping its growth if someone has developed it already. It also repairs DNA and is rich in minerals like calcium, potassium, zinc, and manganese. It is a true medicine for multiple diseases such as sinus infections, ear infections, diabetes, stress, allergies, eye infections, infertility, insomnia and bipolar disorder.
Our health is our responsibility and it can be taken care of well if we can make our diet healthy. The consumption of the above-listed food is more than enough to level up your immunity and give you the power to fight some of the common and harmful ailments.