Incan Spirulina is grown in excellent air quality up at 9500 foot elevation on the Equator in the Andes and is fed with glacier water from Cotopaxi. Not only does it have an excellent flavor profile because of this, but it has the highest source of phycocyanin available in any commercial spirulina!
Spirulina belongs to an ancient class of single-celled, blue-green spiral algae. They form in spiraling, helical, microscopic strands that are smaller than the human eye can detect. The name "Spirulina" comes from this superfood's spiral character. Spirulina grows in alkaline conditions in freshwater lakes and ponds. These microscopic algae have been living on this planet since the appearance of life on earth.
Spirulina contains an astonishing array of nutrients, including chlorophyll, protein, vitamins, major minerals, trace minerals, essential fatty acids, nucleic acids (RNA and DNA), polysaccharides, and a vast spectrum of antioxidants.
- Consists of 65-71% protein, the highest concentration of protein found in any food. Each gram of spirulina protein is four times more absorbable than the same gram of protein in beef.
- Complete protein source: Contains all eight essential amino acids, and eighteen amino acids in total.
- Increases serotonin in the brain.
- Rich in vitamin A (beta-carotene), B1, B2, B6, E, and K.
- Abundant source of salts, phytonutrients, and enzymes.
- High source of iron; as much as red meat.
- The only green food rich in the essential fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
- Contains several bioavailable forms of the mineral sulfur.
Spirulina Contains the Following Antioxidants:
- Beta-carotene (and other carotenoids)
- Superoxide dismutase (SOD)
BENEFITS OF SPIRULINA
Spirulina is an excellent source of natural, plant-based protein. It is a powerful aid to detoxification, especially from heavy metals, and it has an astounding effect on balancing the yeast population in the gut.* Spirulina supports a healthy immune system response and promotes a healthy metabolism.* It supports the circulatory system and promotes healthy cholesterol levels.*
Spirulina also promotes weight loss and provides a boost of energy to our bodies.* It is high in bioavailable iron and supports healthy menstruation.* It also provides a wide range of B vitamins, supporting mood stability and an overall sense of well being.*
Not only does Incan Spirulina provide superior nutrition and a host of antioxidants, it also contains the highest source of phycocyanin available in any commercial spirulina!
Phycocyanin is responsible for the blue-green pigment of this amazing microalgae. As a dietary supplement, phycocyanin is second to none in its support of healthy cells. It promotes healthy inflammatory responses, and it has been shown to support the activation of several important enzymes, including CYP, SOD, catalase, ALT, SGPT, AST, and SGOT.*
When in perfect balance, these enzymes promote balance between the kidneys and liver, ensuring detoxification.* This makes spirulina a powerful addition to any anti-toxin regimen.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.